What is this visa about?

Having been recognised as one of the most popular tourist destinations across the globe, the UK has a vast variety of things on offer to foreign tourists.

Entering the UK on a visitor visa, candidate will need to provide evidence of the following:

The intention to visit the UK for a period of no longer than 6 months.

Whilst in possession of the visa, they will need to show that they can cover the cost of their return or onward journey.

They do not intend to charge for any goods or services.

They have sufficient financial means to support their stay in the UK without the need to take up employment.

There is no intention to engage in any form of employment and the applicant is willing to leave as soon as their tenure of visit to the UK has expired.

Types of UK Tourist Visa

General Visitor:

The General Visitor Visa is specifically designed for visitors who wish to come to the UK for a holiday or to visit friends. Applicants under this category must be a minimum of 18 years of age and willing to visit the UK for a maximum period of 6 months only.

Family Visitor:

An individual who wishes to travel to the UK to visit family members and relatives settled in the UK.

Entertainer visitors:

This category is for individuals who intend to visit the UK for a short period of time to take part in cultural activities and events like musical events, charity events and art festivals.

Business Visa:

An individual who is employed in another country and wishes to visit the UK for a short period of time and engage in business related activities is entitled to apply in the capacity of a business visitor.

Medical Treatment Visa:

For those who are seeking medical treatment from a private medical practitioner. People coming on this visa require sufficient funds to financially support accommodate and pay for the medical treatment without any recourse to public funds. All arrangements should be made for the consultation or treatment.

Child visitor:

All children wishing to visit the UK must apply for a visitor visa. The applicant must be under the age of 18 years and is permitted to visit the UK for a period of 6 months. This can be extended to 12 months if a child has entry clearance and is accompanied by an academic visitor.

How do I get started with the processing of my application?

Start off by filling our Free Visa Assessment form which will give you an idea about how well you are prepared and what assistance you require to apply as a Visitor to the UK. To know more about how you can make use of our excellent services, fill in a Quick Visa Assessment Form and our experts will get in touch with you.

Fill in the FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form now and let’s get started!


Migrate Me is registered and regulated with Australia’s MARA and Canada ICCRC to offer the most up-to-date Immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. Please note that the Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. Migrate Me has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges. Migrate Me will also provide a full relocation and employment preparation service.

Click here for Australian Embassy Website
Click here for Canadian Embassy Website.