What is this Visa category about?

This visa helps sponsors in the UK to hire temporary work force form outsidethe UK under:

Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme)

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting)

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – charity workers)

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – religious workers)

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – government authorized exchange)

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – international agreement)


Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Scheme

The countries and territories participating in the scheme, and the number of positions or certificates of sponsorship allocated to them as per 2013, are:

Australia – 38,500 places

Canada – 5,500 places

Japan – 1,000 places

Monaco – 1,000 places

New Zealand – 9,500 places

Republic of Korea – 1,000 places (certificate of sponsorship required)

Taiwan – 1,000 places (certificate of sponsorship required)

Hong Kong – 1,000 places (certificate of sponsorship required)

The applicants have to be between ages of 18 to 30 Years, have £1,890 in savings, have no children under the age of 18 who are either living with them or financially responsible on them and have not previously spent time in the UK as a Working Holidaymaker or a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Temporary Migrant. If the applicants fulfill these requirements, they will be eligible to come to the UK. Please note that Home Office has strict standards of acceptable documents, which if not provided can amount to refusal. Contact our Experts right now by filling this short Free Visa Assessment form and writing YMS in the comment for faster review.

Tier 5 – Creative and Sporting

For application under this sub-section, you will need a company or any other entity to sponsor you from the UK and issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship. You will need to meet the maintenance requirement.

Once you have been granted entry clearance under this category, you will be eligible to extend your stay in the UK for a period of 24 months under creative category and 12 months under sports person category.

Under this category if you leave the UK for more than 6 months period you will need to apply for entry clearance with same or new sponsor.

Tier 5 – Charity Workers

Applicants under this category are allowed to come to the UK for a period of 12 months. Applicants can only carry out voluntary (unpaid) work. Applicants will need to be sponsored by a charity and be issued with a Certificate of Sponsorship.

Further, applicants will need to meet the maintenance requirement.

Tier 5 – Religious workers

The applicants coming to the UK under this category will need to have a sponsor who is willing to provide a certificate of sponsorship.

This visa allows the applicants to come to the UK for a maximum period of 24 months and work within the sponsor’s organization or as directed by sponsor. They may carry out work as a Preacher, Pastor or Non-Pastor supporting a religious Cause.

The applicant also needs to meet the maintenance requirement.

Applicants coming under this category will need to carry out work above NVQ level 3. Applicants coming to the UK will not be allowed to stay more than 24 months under this category or for 12 months under the work experience programme of this category.

Tier 5 – International Agreement

Applicants under this category are coming to the UK under contract to do work that is covered under International law, including:

the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)

similar agreements between the UK and another country

employees of overseas governments and international organisations; and

Private servants in diplomatic households

You will need a sponsor and meet the maintenance requirement under this category.

How do I get started with the processing of my application?

Start off by filling our Free Visa Assessment form which will give you an idea about how well you are prepared and what assistance you require to apply as a Temporary Worker in the UK. Our partners also have various opportunities in the UK where you can get alternate ways to enter the country and earn a living flawlessly. To know more about how you can make use of our excellent services, fill in this Quick Visa Assessment Form and our experts will get in touch with you.

We provide every service right form documentation assistance up to relocation assistance and guidance in the UK.

Fill in the FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form now and let’s get started!


Migrate Me is registered and regulated with Australia’s MARA and Canada ICCRC to offer the most up-to-date Immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. Please note that the Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. Migrate Me has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges. Migrate Me will also provide a full relocation and employment preparation service.

Click here for Australian Embassy Website
Click here for Canadian Embassy Website.