Investor Visa

What is this visa about?

Tier 1 Investor Visa is for wealthy migrants who wish to relocate to the UK and invest in the economy of the country. This investment starts at a minimum of £1,000,000 and successful applicants can live in the country for 3 years with a further extension of 2 years if the requirements are fulfilled.

The applicants can manage their investments in the UK but may not take up any kind of job or other work in the country. However, their spouse, who is also granted entry into the UK on this visa is eligible for employment.

Spouse and children of the investor visa holder are allowed to enter, work and study in the UK and have all rights as citizen of the country.

What is the eligibility criteria?

The Tier 1 Investor Visa does not require one to have sponsorship certificate from a licensed sponsor to gain clearance for the purpose. Investors can apply for this visa if they are non EEA and Swiss nationals.

The major conditions to allow an individual for this visa are:

You must have, at least, £1,000,000 – which is held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the UK.

You should own personal assets with £2,000,000 in value, after liabilities if the above £1000,000 is a loan.

Optionally, you can be already residing in the UK and make a fresh application, or residing under the former investor visa and wish to refresh your visa under the new Tier 1 Investor Visa category.

What are the finance options?

Finances required for this visa type are pretty straightforward. The minimum amount – £1,000,000 – should be held in the applicants account for at least 3 months before making the application. If the duration of holding is less than 3 months, specifics of the source of money have to be provided to the authorities. The source of funds in this case can be:


Award or winning

Sale deed

Divorce settlement


Evidence form a business

According to the new rules qualifying period for settlement depends on the sums already invested, hence the three categories are:

£1,000,000 or more

£5,000,000 or more

£10,000,000 or more

Money can be invested within 3 months of entering the country. It should also be disposable in the UK, meaning that it should either be held in a UK based financial institution or if in a foreign institution, should be freely convertible in Sterling as and when desired.

It can include money or assets belonging to the applicant’s spouse, civil partner or unmarried / same-sex partner, provided that specified documents are provided to show that the money or assets are under applicant’s operational control.

What about the dependents?

Tier 1 Investor migrants can invite their partner and children (under 18) to live with them as dependants in the UK. The dependants have full rights to work in the country apart from working as Trainee Doctor/ Dentist or professional sportsperson or a sports coach.

Benefits offered to Tier 1 Investor visa holders

Other than the several essential requirements that Tier 1 visa applicants enjoy, the investor Visa holders enjoy additional benefits like:

Free education and healthcare

Possessing an Investor Visa is considered a status symbol

Exemption from certain prerequisites such as English proficiency, minimum age and education requirements

Proof of personal income tax is not required

The main applicant can be either the husband or wife and they can be accompanied by their children under the age of 18 years.

The processing time for an Investor Visa is less in comparison to other visas. Investor Visas usually take between 3 to 5 months to process

How do I get started with the processing of my application?

Start off by filling our Free Visa Assessment form which will give you an idea about how well you are prepared and what assistance you require, if any, to get the Tier 1 Investor visa. We also provide every service right form documentation assistance up to relocation assistance and guidance in the UK.

Fill in the FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form now and let’s get started!


Migrate Me is registered and regulated with Australia’s MARA and Canada ICCRC to offer the most up-to-date Immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. Please note that the Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. Migrate Me has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges. Migrate Me will also provide a full relocation and employment preparation service.

Click here for Australian Embassy Website
Click here for Canadian Embassy Website.