Canada Family Visa

Canada family visa

Canada grants permanent residence status to foreign nationals emigrating to join a spouse, relative or partner through the Family Class visa. The sponsoring permanent resident must be over 18 years old, must be living in Canada, and willing to sponsor the family member applying.

After three years on this visa, you may apply for citizenship in your own right.

The Family Class visa is appropriate for:

An orphaned niece, nephew, sister, brother or grandchild.

Dependent children and adopted children.

Minors whom the sponsor intends to adopt.

Parents and grandparents.

Some other relatives in special situations.

Parent Visa(Super Visa)

If you have a child or grandchild who is a legal resident of Canada, dependant visas may allow you to visit for as much as 24 months at a time. The ‘super visa’ is valid for up to 10 years, and can benefit even those visitors who do not need visas to enter Canada. Please contact us to see if you qualify.

You must begin by making an application for a temporary resident visa. We can assist you with the form.

Be sure you apply early, as processing often takes a few weeks. Migrate Me can help you get your visa as quickly as possible.

Click here for free visa assessment

Conjugal Visa

There is a route to immigration into Canada for conjugal partners of legal residents, but it is intended only for exceptional circumstances which are beyond the applicant’s control.

For the relationship to qualify, you must prove that:

The relationship has gone on for one year or more, and is one of mutual commitment and dependence, or

Marriage or cohabitation was prevented by immigration barriers, marital status, or same-sex status, and

The relationship is in danger if ending if the visa is not granted

The conjugal visa is very difficult to route to immigration. Contact Migrate Me you think you qualify and we can discuss your options.

Common Law Partner Visa

A Canadian resident’s same- or opposite-sex common law partner can qualify for a visa.

The sponsor must demonstrate that they have lived with their partner continuously for one or more years. There are exceptions if the couple has been separated for reasons beyond their control. Contact us today, and we can see if you could benefit from a common-law partner visa.

The partner’s children may immigrate as well, so long as they are:

Under 22 and unmarried, or

Financially dependant on a parent and have been in secondary education since before they were 22 years old, or

Unable to support themselves because of a medical condition.

Spouse Visa

A spouse, a common law spouse, or a conjugal partner of any permanent resident who is living and working in Canada may immigrate by way of a spouse visa.

Spouse visas are a means of gaining permanent residency in Canada. The spouse can sponsor them for three to ten years, at which time they can seek citizenship on their own.

You must provide proof that the marriage is real, as well as legal both in Canada and where it was performed. Migrate Me can help you organise your evidence and paperwork to the standards required by the Australian immigration authorities.

Click here for free visa assessment


We are work in partnership with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant to offer the most up-to-date Immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. The Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. Migrate Me has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges. Migrate Me will also provide a full relocation and employment preparation service.

Click here for Canadian Embassy Website.