Monthly Archives: January 2014

Australian Spouse Visa

Australian Spouse Visa

One of the top concerns of foreigners who are in a stable relationship (spouse/fiancé/de facto partner) with an Australian or an eligible New Zealand citizen is about obtaining a permanent visa in Australia.


The first step towards this is the partner temporary visa, where your partner may sponsor you for two years, after which if the relationship continues, you may be eligible for a permanent visa.


The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s eligibility criteria are:


• You and your partner have a commitment to sharing your life, irrespective of you being legally married.


• For married applicants, the marriage should be legal according to Australian law.


• The relationship is ongoing and genuine.


• You and your partner have been living together on a permanent basis.


• You and your partner have been in a relationship for at least the last 12 months, which involves showing proof of living together during this period, before applying for this visa.


• You both should be above 18 years.


• You meet the health criteria set by the government.


Based on these criteria and certain others (depending on your particular case), here are three types of visa you could apply for:


• If you are in Australia: Partner temporary visa (Subclass 820) and permanent visa (Subclass 801)


• If you are outside Australia: Partner temporary visa (Subclass 309) and permanent visa (Subclass 100)


• Prospective marriage visa (Subclass 300)


These visas generally allow you to live, study and work in Australia and also enroll in Medicare. After you get your temporary partner visa, you may be granted permanent visa after about 2 years. The 2-year wait period may be waived if the relationship is more than 5 years old or if there is a dependent child from your 2-year relationship.



Denmark Green Card Points Calculator





Denmark Green Card points calculator.


Considered to be among the top destinations for attracting skilled talent, Denmark offers foreign workers better career prospects and a well-balanced life. The country follows an immigration points’ calculator – Denmark Greencard scheme – to evaluate the eligibility of an applicant. To be eligible, an applicant must score a minimum of 100 points. They are reviewed for:



Your educational level must be at least the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in Denmark. The higher the level of education the higher you score, with a PhD candidate earning 80 points. Meanwhile bonus points will be awarded to graduates from internationally recognised universities or if you have qualifications for jobs that are in demand in Denmark. You can read up on jobs positive list here: http://


Language skills

To be given points for language skills, you must document your scores in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian,English or German. A foreigner’s language skills are assessed on a four-level system and can earn a maximum of 30 points. Also a statement from previous employer attesting usage of these languages foratleast one year on the job can be submitted as proof of fluency.


Work experience

Work experience within the last five years of a researcher or those from the fields listed in Denmark’s positive list is awarded points with a maximum of 15 points for 3-5 years experience.



You could gain points for your experience in the EU/EEA or Switzerland, as it increases your chances of adapting to the Danish labour market.



Those between 35 and 40 years score 10 points, while those below 34 are awarded 15 points.


To read more about Greencard scheme on:


For assistance with documentation, jobs and other immigration details, our experts at Migrate Me can help. You can also avail of a free assessment here.


Image courtesy:


How to move to Australia for a year


How to move to Australia for a year.