Migrating to another country can be a easy process you have applied for your visa. Here are few tips that will help you out.
TIPS ON HOW TO MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA
- Make a travel file and store all paper work that include important documents like your birth certificates, bank statements, driver’s license, etc
- Keep an electronic copy of all the files you are carrying in a separate hard drive. This way you have a backup of your documents in case your computer/laptop crashes
- Keep all medical files, documents and prescriptions of medicines handy. If you use medicines, make sure you have enough supplies to sustain your requirements till you find a new doctor.
- In case of severe medical conditions, you can search online for doctors and healthy institutions well in advance. This way you know whom and where to go in case of medical emergencies.
- Finalize and close all accounts – gas, electricity, phone, internet as well as your bank accounts before you leave for Australia
- If you have mortgages, loans or insurance policies, it’s better to close these accounts before you move to Australia
- Redirect your mail to your new address
- You can also set up a new email address and get web hostings for your websites like (.com or .co.au)
- Get in touch with an accountant who can look after your taxes and help you in finance related matters
- For those who intend to stay on rent, it is advisable to obtain a reference letter from your current property owner. This will make it easier to get a property for rent
- Make sure you have budgeted your stay in advance. Allot separate budgets for housing, groceries, food & drinks, tuition fees for kids, supplies, etc.
- Once in Australia, try and mingle with people around you. In a new place, the people you socialize with will be friends and associates for the new few years. Also, this is a great way of networking and creating your own base of contacts in Australia.
- If you are migrating with your kids, pay special attention to their needs as well. Moving to a new country is a big change for them as well and may take time to adjust with their surroundings. Talk to them to help them cope with the new environment. You can also keep in touch with people from their schools to know how well have they adjusted.
Migration is a process where you need to consider all possibilities. We at Migrate Me help you make all the right decisions. Our team consists of MARA Verified officers who will study your case and tailor a plan as per your requirements.
If you still haven’t applied for your visa, then fill in our FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form and our experts will get in touch with you.