Chef Immigrating To Australia

Chef Immigrating To Australia.


Job and visa process explained.


Do you live for food? Do you love the whole cycle of preparing, presenting, sharing and, of course eating food? Are you passionate about inventing and reinventing? If you answered yes, this career path in the world of culinary arts is made for you!


With the rising number of restaurants opening up in Australia, it is definitely your next destination to enhance your career! Be it amateur cooks, pastry chefs or Chef de Cuisine, a lot of them are emigrating to Australia. If you are such a chef looking for immigration services, just fill in the FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form and let us assist you get closer to your culinary dream.


What are the types of Visa?


  • Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)

To be eligible for this permanent visa, you have to meet the points test and have competent English language skills.


  • Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)


This permanent visa is based on your nomination from an Australian region and on your skills assessments. If you meet the points test and English language proficiency, you are eligible for this visa.


  • Temporary Skilled Work Visa (subclass 457)


If you are skilled worker, have an approved sponsor and meet other criteria including English and skills, you are eligible for the Temporary Skilled Work Visa.


  • Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)


To be eligible for this scheme, you have to have a permanent employment opportunity. For this, you should be a skilled worker with an approved sponsor eligible in one of the three streams; Temporary Skilled Work Visa, Direct Entry Stream or the Agreement Stream.


  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)


Once you have made a commitment of 2 years to your nominated employer, you are eligible for this regional permanent visa. To be applicable to this scheme, you should be a skilled worker with an approved sponsor in a regional area of Australia and eligible in one of the three streams; Temporary Skilled Work visa, Direct Entry Stream or the Agreement Stream.


How much can I earn?


Apart from gaining new experience in this extraordinary land of Australia, there are unlimited opportunities to learn and make a good living at the same time.


The Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations Code (ANZSCO) for chefs is 351311.


The basic salary a chef could expect is $45,000 and can work up to 44 hours on a weekly basis. Having known that Australia enjoys the position of the highest minimum wage provider in the world, there is no stopping you from fulfilling your culinary dreams.


What are the eligibilities and requirements?


It is always easier if you already have been selected by an Australian approved employer for a job in regional Australia (except for Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)


Unless you are exempt, you should be younger than 50 years of age to be eligible to apply for visa to Australia.


The eligibility requirements for the TRA migration skills assessment for Chefs are:

  • AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
  • A case as a Chef/Cook and relevant evidence showing proof of your experience as a Chef for 3 years or more


All chefs and cooks applying for ENS/RSMS have to demonstrate their proficiency in English. In case you’re applying for a specific salary level, you are exempted from the English Language requirement.


Some common documents that are needed:

  • Reference from employers
  • Education Qualification
  • Pay Slips
  • Tax Records
  • Bank Statements
  • Identity documents & valid passports
  • Visa granted ready to fly


While all these can be overwhelming, you need someone who can guide you through the process and help you come out at the top with a perfect application, proper statements and complete submission of documents.


Migrate Me provides the above services, along with mission-critical services like assistance with job sponsorship, relocation and finding local residence in Australia, assistance in getting a bank account set up, finding details about schools for your children, emigrating with family and finding the right visa for your partner or fiancé.


With us by your side, you have everything to gain. Please complete an online FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form to determine your eligibility, and one of our expert consultants will get in touch to take your migration process further.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



5 − four =