Denmark Green Card
Under the Denmark Green Card Scheme, you can gain a residence and work permit in Denmark on basis of your score in the points assessment test. As per requirement, a minimum 100 points is to be scored to be eligible for the Danish Green Card.
Once a residence permit is granted, there is no requirement of a work permit in Denmark.Under this scheme, you are allowed to do a paid or unpaid work, but not allowed to carry out any kind of business or be self employed.
POINT BASED SYSTEM
The points assessment scores are given under the following categories
- Education Level
- Positive List
- Language Skills
- 2 Years Masters Degree + Bachelors Degree – 60 points
- 1 year Masters Degree + Bachelors Degree – 50 points
POSITIVE LIST BONUS
You can score 10 points if you are in the Positive List
You can score a maximum score of 30 points for language skills if you have the knowledge of
- 35-40 years – 10 points
- 34 years ir younger – 15 points
Apart from this, you can also score bonus scores in the categories mentioned below.
- Completion of 1 year higher educational programme in an UE/EEA country – 5 points
- Completion of 3 year higher educational programme in an UE/EEA country – 10 points
Even as a first timer, you can apply for the Denmark Green Card up to 3 years. You can apply for an extension of 1 year before the completition of 3 years. After which, you can apply for an extension of four years.
GREEN CARD SCHEME FOR STUDENTS
Students who have enrolled themselves in higher educational programmes, the Danish Green Card Scheme enable them to stay in Denmark in order to look for work afer graduation.
For your stay in Denmark, you have to show evidence of financial back up to support your stay in Denmark. For this, the monthly requirement of funds (without tax) are as follow.
- DKK 5367 – individuals under the age of 25 years
- DKK 6472 – individuals of the age of 25 years and above
- DKK 5367 – individuals living with their spouse and partners
Once you have been granted a residence permit, your family too can travel along with you as dependents.