Bricklayer Emigrating to Australia

Bricklayer Emigrating to Australia.

As the construction industry in Australia continues to flourish significantly, the demand for bricklayers have also increased giving a fantastic opportunity for bricklayer emigrating to Australia. A lot of bricklayers are now looking into the prospect of emigrating to Australia. The process can be made simpler with trusted emigration services like that of which Migrate Me offers. As a bricklayer, you can apply to Australia under the general skilled visa programmes subclass 489, 190 or 189. Like every other general skilled visa application, bricklayers who wish to emigrate to Australia should get a positive migration skills assessment prior to pursuing their skilled visa application. If you happen to be a passport holder of one of the nominated countries, you must you must  acquire your migration skills assessment from a Registered Training Organisation.


The nominated countries are:

  • Brazil
  • China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
  • Fiji
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Korea (South)
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Philippines
  • South Africa
  • Sri Lanka
  • Thailand
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Vietnam
  • Zimbabwe



The registered RTOs are:

  • Australian Construction Training Services
  • Victoria University


The migration skills assessments for passport holders of one of the aforementioned nominated countries usually include a paper based assessment of your qualifications as a bricklayer and your past experience in the said profession. After this, you will be required to take a practical test (held in the UK) which is done under the supervision of an assessor chosen by the RTO. 


Once you have passed both the written and practical assessments, you will get a migration skills assessment approval letter. Along with this, you will also be given an AQF Certificate III which is an Australian qualification that is recognised by Australian employers.


Migrate Me keeps tab on all the schedules and dates that are important for clients who wish to emigrate to Australia as bricklayers. Migrate Me will then inform their clients on a timely manner about the dates and details for both written and practical assessments. Migrate Me also gives advisory regarding licensing requirements in Australia and additional guidelines in preparing for the practical assessment. 


In case you do not hold a passport from one of the aforementioned nominated countries, you should apply under the TRA or the Trades Recognition Australia for your migration skills assessment. The eligibility requirements for the TRA migration skills assessment for bricklayers are:


  • 1 year of paid employment in the occupation you are nominated in
  • 3 years of full-time paid post qualification employment in the occupation you are nominated with the required skill levels
  • Your qualification should be similar to the AQF Certificate III for bricklayers



It is important to understand that the TRA would automatically conclude that you are already entitled to a similar qualification for bricklayers as that of the AQF Certificate III prior to your skilled employment. Migrate Me will explain all of the necessary proofs that you have to show depending on your circumstances. Migrate Me will also make sure that you get a seat in the practical assessments tests if you are asked to take it as the spaces are limited for this one. Once you have understood the basic steps for applying for your emigration to Australia visa, Migrate Me will be there to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. 

To see if you qualify take a FREE ASSESSMENT here.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



2 + six =